EXCERPT OF EMAIL TO A FRIEND

This friend yesterday dropped lots of frozen packages of her home-made minestrone on our door step. She had gone to all that trouble, only to encounter a "baby sleeping - please don't knock on the door" sign I had placed on our front door. Desperate to protect Rose's sleeping times, I have taken to placing the sign up when she goes to sleep, but I sometimes forget to remove it when she awakens.

". . . you're a darling! Sorry you encountered my "Beware: Rabid sleep-deprived woman within" sign on the door yesterday.

Rose's sleep times have assumed a perhaps exaggerated prominence in my life at the moment, hence the strident signage on the door when the little darling is slumbering. I think I need to revise the wording of the sign, though - tone it down a bit, eh?"

Comments