EXCERPT FROM EMAIL TO FRIENDS IN TASMANIA

Emails and phone messages are building up, everyone wanting to know what's going on with Rose.

This is my rushed response, dashed off quickly as I got in the door tonight following six solid days and nights in hospital.

I want to stay with Rose, but Shane has sent me home to recharge - my head is addled from sleep deprivation.

“Am writing this super-brief email in a rush. I've been in Royal Children's Hospital again with Rose. . . since last Thursday.

Shane has sent me home for the night, but she's in for the next little while - no discharge date as yet. She has had portal vein thrombosis, ascites, varices - and today we hear she's picked up pneumonia to boot! Bloody hell!


More news as soon as I can. Gotta go and get the kids and me into bed!”

Comments